Thursday, October 8, 2009

Plugging away

I was down to 275.8 this morning, so I was happy to see that. Almost 20 pounds in five weeks isn't bad, and the nice thing is that it's been pretty linear, not a huge amount the first week and then smaller amounts. Even so, I think 4 pounds per week is not maintainable long term, but 2 or 3 should be. 10 pounds per month gets me back in shape for next beach season, or Great Wolf Lodge season. The kids have been bugging us to go back there.

I haven't been feeling well the last couple days. It's probably just a cold, but I remember back to the first time I lost a lot of weight, 2006. (Technically that was the second time because the first time was back in college.) Anyway, I wasn't planning on losing weight until I got pneumonia for a couple weeks, and by the time I got back on my feet I was down something like 15 pounds. So I decided not to waste it and ended up losing more than 60 pounds. Then I gained it all back. Which I WON'T do this time, as long as you guys keep me honest.

New pictures to follow tonight.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sooooo proud of you honey! Now if I could just stop eating we could be one hot couple!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're already my better half and my hotter half!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jim - count on us haunting you! Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete