Thursday, March 18, 2010

Hit me, I need the money!

So I got $500 for "pain and suffering" yesterday from the lady's insurance company, as well as $ for a new bike.  So I guess I could take the $950 and get a really sweet bike.  But more than likely, I'll just put it toward the 4 grand I'm out on a BMW transmission and try to fix my current bike.  I called the local bike shop to ask how much a new rear wheel is and they quoted me $180!!  For just the wheel, no tire or tube or cassette or labor or anything.  So I'm looking online and on ebay.  The frame is only very slightly bent so I think I can just straighten it myself.

I did weigh in a little lower today, at 257.8.  Monday morning I was 268.4, so that's down more than 10 pounds in three days.  Of course, I should never have been 268 in the first place.  I'm getting excited about the good weather and softball and frisbee seasons coming up.  I ran outside today and it was absolutely perfect.  Hope to see you all on the frisbee field Saturday!!

1 comment:

  1. Well done! Especially on the weight drop! As for the bike, if you buy the new rim, installing the old tire, old tube, etc. is not that difficult (yes you could consider that an offer to help). So speaking of losing weight when are we buying salads next for lunch? Keep going Jim, we keep telling you - you'll make progress - and look - you are!

    ReplyDelete