Saturday, July 24, 2010

Things I learned this week

1. When biking a long distance on a sunny day, a short shirt that rides up a bit above the waist when bent over pedaling will leave a nasty inch tall sunburn line.  Kind of like a red belt!

2. Even though I thought I had gotten better, I still stink at tennis.  (Thanks, Anil!)

3. Cycling does get easier.  Obviously it should, just like running, but it seems to be happening pretty quickly.  I've gone from 12 or 13 miles to a little over 20 in a couple weeks.

4. My problem isn't the working out, it's the EATING.  Does anyone know of a safe, effective appetite suppressant?  I took phenteramine for a few weeks once, and it worked great for a little while, but then the effectiveness wore off.

1 comment:

  1. Pedal Pedal Jim!!! If you keep on biking you can eat whatever you want!! ;) You need to join us for the Potomac Pedalers Century ride Sept. 19th - there are a range of distances so don't let the word century deter you. Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete