Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Back to the grind

So the weekend is even more challenging when there's an extra day of it!  We attended 3 barbeques this weekend (and turned down a fourth b/c the kids got sick), plus I ordered pizza on Saturday night.  At least I made an effort at counteracting the food with some exercise:  racquetball Friday, Frisbee Saturday and tennis Monday.  Even so I was back up to 259.6 this morning.  I think that's probably a little less than after last weekend, but last weekend I had a two hour soccer game on Monday night to help me.  We played hoops tonight and I'm hoping to play more Frisbee tomorrow night, so I have some hope of being down this week.  But as of this morning its going to take about 6 pounds to get there...

3 comments:

  1. You will nail it Jim! Keep up the great work.
    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's a habit for you to work on this week - Drink lots of water (at least a gal/d). It's so easy to mistake thirst for hunger, especially this time of year.
    Great playing ball with you yesterday. Thanks for getting it set up every week. Although my back with two giant welts on it today is not so thankful... ahem...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't forget to do some strength training too! Even doing some tricep and bicep curls while watching tv will help - building the muscle will help you burn some calories too! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete