Saturday, August 28, 2010

Cruise update

I'm back.  We had a great time, even with all five of us in one small (very small!) cabin.  Therese and I did tour the fitness center on the ship, and marveled over all the fancy machines, but that was pretty much it for me.  They also had a jogging track that I didn't use.  (I did think it would be funny to wear the GPS watch while running around and around the jogging track while the ship was moving, then check the map printout.  It would be just a huge curly cue well out to sea.)

As expected, the food was good and abundant.  You could have Chateaubriand with a side of Chateaubriand, not that I did that.  Much.  There was a chocolate buffet one day, but luckily no midnight buffet.  And we did walk a little, since our room was in the fore part of the ship and the dining room was aft...

So, the envelope please!  11.8 pounds.  Up, of course.  Which I an actually VERY happy with.  On one hand, I'm back in the 260's (260.8), which is depressing.  On the other hand, I can gain 12 pounds in a weekend at home, so after a week on a cruise ship I expected massive damage, not just 12 pounds.

But since 12 pounds is 12 pounds (and since Therese and I signed up for a half marathon in 5 weeks), it's time to head out for a run.  I also want to do this in 3 weeks (Therese thinks the half is a good place to start, so 50 miles), so I've got to train for that as well.  I'm running out of time...

2 comments: