Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Thanks to Bill, I'm pushing this:


Thanks to Bill and Peggy (and Therese), I'm trying to get back on the wagon.  I really appreciate all of you who have been supportive.  I'm finding out how easy it is to let your guard down and fall back into bad habits.

I got on the scale yesterday morning and weighed 266.8.  It's really hard to put into words how depressing that is.  I'm up more than 20 pounds from my low this summer.  I went back and looked at my records and the last time I weighed this much was ... Nov 12, 2009.  More than a year ago! 

Since I last checked in I've run a half marathon and done a 50 mile bike ride, but those were both in October and I haven't done much since then.  The weather is really pretty decent for running but I've just gotten out of the habit.  But with both Thanksgiving and Christmas coming, the next couple months are full of land mines, so I need to get back into the regular workout habit.  More importantly, I need to start watching what I eat as well.  Halloween certainly didn't help, but the kids are now out of all the cany that I like, so that temptation is dying down. 

At any rate, I plan on starting up the weekly weigh-ins again.  Those really did work, since they held me accountable.  If anyone out there ever wants to play racquetball, just let me know.  I'm available almost every night. 

I'll leave you with this photo, and the thought that goes through my head upon seeing it:  "How can a guy with that size belly bend over so far to grab the handlebars?"

4 comments:

  1. Jim,
    Great to have you back! Now that you have gotten your second wind - I am sure that you will reach your goal. This weather is great for outdoor training.

    My (email) abuse is not to offend, but to try and keep you honest! Hope no offense was taken.
    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep biking Jim!! It'll pay off. Don't give up hope because you really do look great. You can shed that 20 off easy. Hang in there! Love the pic of you and Therese!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you honey, I just need to get this foot fixed and then I can make you run with me:) We can still do spin at least:) And swim although you hate when I make you do those swim workouts! You can do it. I'll try to make sure I have healthy options for meals as well, love you and am so proud of you for getting back on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picture Jim and Therese! Now is the perfect time to start again. We know you can do this.

    ReplyDelete